Philippines Cauayan Mission

Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, January 19, 2015


Well I found out there was that typhoon close by yesterday at church. All I got was a little bit of rain and barely any wind. Just a breeze. Again, it was pretty disappointing. I might have to wait until next hurricane season to finally get one. This week was a pretty fast one again!
Tuesday we had zone meeting. They talked about obedience and magnifying our calling as missionaries. That was pretty good and of course it's always fun to be with the entire zone. Work wise we didn't have any luck with us. Every appointment didn't happen other than dinner that night. Dinner was really good though so that made it better!
Wednesday was just a normal day and we had better luck out at work. We were able to visit all that we planned for other than one person which almost never happens so we were pretty happy with the day! 
Thursday we went and bought a cake because it was this one boys birthday and they are probably my favorite family so we wanted to celebrate with them a little bit. Then later at night we had dinner at a less actives house and Elder Taumalolo cooked for it. It was a ton of fun and the relationship with the family strengthened a lot! They ended up coming to church yesterday as well which was awesome. Still trying to solve some situations with Nanay and Tatay but they are improving a lot! 
Friday we woke up early and went and did service for the Tatay that cooks us dinner on Tuesday nights. We cut down some weeds and pulled them back from a walkway and from around some trees on his land. Then we went to Jollibee for breakfast. The pancake sandwiches there are so good! Work was pretty good that day also. At night I tried balut for the first time. It was only 4 day balut so the chick was really small but it like wasn't boiled all the way so it was really liquidy. My companion said it tasted worse than the 18 day balut he has had in the past. I just loaded it with salt and swallowed as fast as I could. 
Saturday we had an appointment with one of the only referrals I've received since I've been in the field but they weren't there. Since we had some time before we had to go to a baptism we thought we would drop by a less actives house. We got there and we found out the dad died just the day before on Friday. So crazy. We just saw him a couple days ago. We have his funeral service to go to tomorrow. We had a baptism in Almaguer we had to go to and that was pretty good. Kinda funny though. The water wasn't very deep at all so Elder Bahr had to put him pretty low to get him all the way under and could barely get him back up cause he was a pretty big kid!
Sunday was good. 8:00 church is still a little hard to get used to. We didn't have any investigators once again but did have the one less active family. Lunch was amazing. She made some meatballs this time and they were sooo good! Had choir practice again since we have district conference next week and we have to sing. Not too excited for that! 
Overall a good week! Stayed busy and time flew by! This coming week is the last week before transfer week. Almost done with my third cycle in the field already! Hope everyone is doing well back home! Love you all!
Love Elder Haacke

No comments:

Post a Comment