Philippines Cauayan Mission

Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, August 10, 2015

Reactivating Efforts

Hello once again to everyone. Sam can't believe you got a typhoon already! Not fair at all. I've waited almost a year now and still haven't got one! Yeah dad we did get some rain here Wednesday and Thursday but it only came in the evening. It was cloudy almost every day this week and super humid! There was no sun but I was sweating more than I usually do just because it was so humid. 

Started the week this week on Tuesday. We had district meeting and President and Sister Rahlf came to do interviews. For district meeting I taught about finding. It was alright. Nothing too special I guess. Interviews were pretty good. I'm trying to think of something to say about the interviews but I can't think of anything. It was a good talk with both of them but not really anything to tell about. Got sung happy birthday to in district meeting when President left. He came in and they sang to me before they took off. 

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday were all good work days. Feels like the first week I've had without something in the middle of the week in a long time. Work was pretty enjoyable this week. We taught a lot of less actives this week and visited quite a few members that we don't normally visit. Wednesday we were able to finally teach Sister Flordeliza! It was a good visit and good to catch up since it has been forever. We taught about the Book of Mormon and then about prayer. She listened really well and asked questions when she needed to. She committed to read the reading assignment we gave her. We held off on trying to give a baptismal date since it didn't feel right but it was a good lesson. 

One less active family we met was the Barcelo family. We had no idea where their house was but we finally found it this week and were able to share with them. They had come to church the week before and they also came to church yesterday so they are on track to returning! 

The Edralin family is another family that has gone less active and we were able to share with them this week. They too came to church yesterday but it was only Nanay. Tatay has been gone every time we've gone to their house and he also didn't come to church. The Gaspar family is a good help with the Edralin family though. They are going to pick them up for church now so that will help them be able to attend. 

Saturday was our return appointment with Sister Flordeliza. We got there and her husband was there also so I thought it was great. We shook his hand and Elder Estuaria asked him how he was doing but he didn't answer and just left. Then Sister Flor explained to us the situation. He is making us stop teaching her. I guess he won't allow it anymore and he is not interested at all. On the good note, Sister Flor wanted to keep her Book of Mormon and she said she will continue to read it. We will still go by her store and see how she is doing and hope for the day we can continue with her in the lessons. Saturday night we went to Roxas and had dinner at the Aquino family's house. Elder Larson and his family was here so they were there also for dinner. It was the last goodbye since he would be touring the mission with his family then heading home. He's been a great friend and plan to see him again once I too get back. Since there were no rides going back to San Pedro, we slept in Roxas at the zone leaders house then woke up early to make it to San Pedro in time for church. Elder Latu was with us once again for Sunday. We only attended sacrament meeting then left and went to Mallig so we could attend the sacrament meeting over there. Attendance at sacrament was right about average or mid 60's. The Barcelo family came to church making it two weeks now so that was awesome. Two members from Marcos (the far area) came to church as well and walked the 45 minute walk to get there! Then Nanay Edralin also came to church with her granddaughter. So we had some success with the less actives this week which was awesome! We got a lunch appointment with a family in Elder Latu's branch so that was nice. The family knows Sister Weber (a teacher at the MTC) really well and they told me all about her. She was assigned in Mallig when she served in the Cauayan mission so that was pretty cool. We then spent the rest of the day working in Elde Latu's area. We really enjoyed working together as the three of us. Laughed a lot while walking but also taught some really good lessons. The week overall was a pretty good and enjoyable week! Love you all! 

Love Elder Haacke

No comments:

Post a Comment