Philippines Cauayan Mission

Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, July 13, 2015

A Short Note

Another transfer week is here again believe it or not! Feels like transfer day just happened. Got the transfer list earlier today to see who is transferring and no changes for me. Not a surprise though because I still have the second half of training to do with my companion. The fact that I've already been doing it for 6 weeks is crazy though! Training has been an awesome experience so far. I've learned a ton and have really improved as a missionary. It's pushed me out of my comfort zone as a missionary by way of talking to people and leading lessons. Elder Estuaria is also doing really good and getting better week by week. It has been fun to see him improve since week one until now. I know he's going to be a great missionary these next two years. Definitely looking forward to another 6 weeks with Elder Estuaria and doing the training. There's a few problems in the district that isn't going to be very fun this cycle but there's not much I can do about that other than just do my best. 
 
Work this week wasn't anything special unfortunately. Sister Flordeliza wasn't there this week when we went by so that was pretty disappointing since she has been progressing well lately. Other than that the lessons were just the usual. Mostly less actives this week but basically all of them show no sign of a desire to return to church. Trying to get some fellow-shippers for them to see if that will help them come back but everyone is busy, so they say. Church this week was alright. We did have one less active come that has a good fellow-shipper which is why I think he came. He used to be the Elders Quorum President but then went less active. The fellow-shipper we use is our neighbor. He's old but he is super funny and he always jokes around with this less active so it makes him enjoy being at church. I think this made like the 10th Sunday in a row we haven't had a lesson in Elder's Quorum. All they do is discuss the activity for the end of the month then just talk. They say it is a waste of time to teach a lesson because there is only like 4 of them there. 
 
Sorry for the short letter this week. I was able to talk a little to Elder Poulter and Tyler then I realized I hadn't typed the long one yet. I'll do this one first next week so it'll be a little better. Hope everyone has a great week!!
Love Elder Haacke
 
 This was the baptism last week that I was supposed to baptize at but then the suit didn't fit.
 
 Roxas Zone.
 
 At the zone conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment