Philippines Cauayan Mission

Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, February 2, 2015

Farewell Bambang

Farewell to Bambang this week! Packing was the worst thing ever. I didn't like it at all. To be honest I wasn't looking forward to transferring at all. But it all ended up good and I am loving my new area and my new companion already! Transfer day was on Wednesday so on Tuesday I went around and said goodbye to all the families I could. Also we got 3 dinners Tuesday night which was awesome but we were sooo full afterwards we could barely walk home! We even got food from a member in Branch 2. We were just walking home after the second dinner and he saw us on the road and stopped and said to go to his house since he had a lot of extra food. We weren't going to turn down some free food so we decided to go and he fed us a ton! Plus an awesome desert! 
Wednesday we all piled in some vans and went to the transfer point, met our new companions then went to our new areas. My new area is called San Pedro in Roxas zone. My area is like 15 minutes outside the city of Roxas. Roxas is quite a bit bigger than Bambang which is nice. The shopping stores that are here are a lot nicer also and have more things you can buy. Wednesday we went out to a far area and met some members there, taught a less active family, then had dinner with the branch President. There are also a ton of less actives in this area so we'll probably have more success with less actives than investigators but we'll work hard on both. 
Thursday we had district meeting. There are only 3 companionships in my district including my own so it is way smaller than where I came from. One elder from my batch is in my district though so we get to talk to each other a lot and see how we're doing. The rest of Thursday was busy with work which was good. Met a lot more of the members also!
Friday and Saturday were just normal days. Both spent learning more about the area and meeting new people. I can't believe how many less actives we have and we even met more that we didn't know about before these two days. There is a lot of work to do so it should be a pretty fun area and hopefully we have some good success! 
Sunday I got to introduce myself in sacrament meeting. The branch size is similar to Bambang. Didn't have any investigators at church but we did already have some of the less actives come which was good! 
I'm excited to be able to work in my new area. The members are pretty cool and there is a lot of potential with less actives! Oh I forgot to say my companion is Elder Corcuera. He is pretty cool and was assigned in my first area before so we were able to talk a lot about that. Hope everyone is doing well and have a good week this week! Love you all!
Love Elder Haacke
New home in my new area.

No comments:

Post a Comment