Philippines Cauayan Mission

Philippines Cauayan Mission

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Tagalog Tagalong

I am no longer in class one on one with the teacher. Thursday was my first day staying in class with the rest of my district. Most of them are still a little ahead but just on vocab which is something I can study and catch up on. Also something that started on Thursday is having two three hour periods of class after lunch instead of just one. Sure does get hard to stay awake in but we stand up every once in a while so that helps. Lessons in Tagalog are getting better each time. We get a new investigator on Monday. Teaching by myself still isn't very much fun though. I can understand what she is asking for the most part but have no idea how to answer her in Tagalog. That is where some help from a companion would come in. So normally I just tell her that I'll come back tomorrow to answer her questions haha. Our district was asked to host this week so I am pretty excited to do that this Wednesday. I have seen Kelton twice, Chris Sanders once, and Caleb Sanders once. They all seem to be liking it here and having a good time. I forgot to tell you in my first email but we play volleyball every gym time with the zone. It is so much fun playing in the sand as long as it doesn't rain. Other then that nothing much has happened. Just the daily wake up, study, play volleyball, lunch, then class schedule. Do the same thing everyday it feels like. Letters and packages have been nice to get during the week. Those are always uplifting. Sad to hear about the grain up there. Hopefully potato prices are on the up side to try and make up for some of the grain loss. Also, hopefully you guys can start to get some sun so you can still have a little bit of summer! Hope all is going well! The picture is of our district and a few Elders from another district that were leaving for the Philippines the next morning. We woke up at 3:30 in the morning to say goodbye to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment