Philippines Cauayan Mission

Philippines Cauayan Mission

Saturday, August 30, 2014

In the World But Not of the World

Man I can't believe what is happening to all the crops! I've never even heard of anything like this happening! Before I forget, with the package can you also send those 4 books that mom likes? Our Heritage, Jesus the Christ, and the other 2 books with it. Thanks. Alma 26:37 is the one I want for the plaque. I forget to email it each time then I remember later in the day. Also another thing I forgot to email or do before I left is you know the hatch over the left ballast tank with the stripped screws? When I was boating they all came off so I put the screws and the plate part either in the glove box or one of the cup holders, can't remember. But be careful opening the hatch because it will flip all the way over since there is no hydraulic thing holding it back. You'll see it when you go down there. But hopefully it warms up so you can go out a couple more times! I also can't believe I'll be flying out soon, feels like I just got here! Not a whole lot of new things happened this week. We have two investigators and they are way harder than our first investigator. I teach one of them alone and the other in a trio. Hosting this week was a ton of fun. After I dropped people off at the class I ran back to the curb to get another missionary to try and get as many as I could! We get to host again this week so I'm super excited! The only missionary I knew that I saw was Riley Kinghorn (I think mom knows who that is) but I wasn't his host. My teacher is amazing, she always knows what to say and when to say it if we need some uplifting when we get discouraged. One elder in my district is amazing at soccer from Nashville and turned down a huge scholarship to come on a mission but he had is mom send a little size one ball and we play soccer in the halls. So much fun. Normally just happens on p-days but it is a blast! Can't really think of anything else that has happened this week. Just mainly the same thing every day. I like getting the dear elders so I can know what's going on back at home. My teacher was giving me updates on the BYU game last night in class so I was pretty pumped on the 35-10 win for the opening game of the season! Next up is Texas so we'll see how it goes! It's nice to hear about things like that cause we don't hear about anything here. My branch president, President Howard, (He knows G&G Haacke), was at the classroom the other day and we asked him if he was going to stick around and he's like, "I would but Boise is playing Ole Miss right now so I got to go" haha he definitely got a reaction out of everybody. He's a great guy though and we all love him a ton! But yeah I guess he knows G&G Haacke pretty well so we talked about that for a while! I don't have time to type one in the other group so just forward this one to those who want it. Hope all is well and warms up soon! Love you all.
Elder Haacke
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment