Philippines Cauayan Mission

Philippines Cauayan Mission

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Frog--YUM!

Can't believe I finished my first transfer period already! Time flew by! I've been in the field for 6 weeks already but when I think about that I think that I should be further along in the language. As I talk to other foreigners though they say I'm doing really good but who knows, maybe they're just saying that. My district stayed pretty much the same from last cycle except for one companionship changed. The other district in my zone changed a lot. The new Sister Training Leader and the new Zone leader are both from Idaho. Sister is from Idaho Falls and Elder Poulter is from Rigby. Pretty awesome! 
So mom, you know how I said I didn't want music when I left? I thought I'd be busy with other things. Well that was a mistake! I went and bought a usb and a speaker so now I can listen to music. Even if it is just efy and Mormon tabernacle choir songs it is super helpful. Elder Brandon has a lot of songs so he took my usb and will put songs on it. 
Work was pretty good this week. Got some more new investigators but had to drop some. Two investigators really started to progress this last week though so that was awesome! One is younger and a little more quiet but is improving then the other is 22 yrs old named Windel. He started to read the Book of Mormon and is loving it. We'll try for a baptism date this week. Also we got one less active back to church this week along with his wife. Just earlier this week we showed up at the house and the wife told us to go away but Tatay invited us in. Then when we visited yesterday, they both listened to the lesson together and Nanay talked more than she ever has before! 
Today all the elders in the zone, except one companionship, got together and played ball at the church this morning. So much fun. Also we had a soccer ball and football so that was fun to throw around for a bit! I was able to eat frog on Tuesday. It actually was super good. It took me a second to actually eat it but after I put the thought behind me and just ate it I realized it was actually really good! Still haven't tried balut yet but I told my comp I will before Christmas! Speaking of Christmas, all I hear now is Christmas songs. Kind of tough since it reminds me so much of home and family. All the missionaries say this is the worse time of year with home sickness haha but as long as I stay busy it isn't too bad.
Pretty good week overall! Hope everything is going well back home! I'd do anything for some of the cold weather you have! Hopefully it can cool down a bit here soon! Love you all!
Love Elder Haacke
 
Bambang Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment